|My kitchen Helper Mr. Happy Pants|
- 1/4 cup white sugar.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 21/2 C. quick oats
- 11/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (large chunks)
- 3/4 C. nuts. (I make half the batter with and half without)
I have a few weekend habits that I look forward to every Friday. Here is the list:
- Friday Food and game night. We either grab Red Robin, Pei Wei, or Pizza with the kids then go home and have family game night on the Wii. Right now we are in a bowling tournament against eachother and Ky is in first... I'm in last, no surprise there!
- Saturday morning waffles and Lounge time. We always whip up our waffles on Saturdays and stay in our jammies till at least ten... sometimes longer if we have no where to be.
- Sunday french toast lunch and movie afternoon. Our ward meets at 9:00 am so Sunday mornings its a quick bowl of cereal...However, when we get home at noon we always are treated to dads french toast for lunch. Seriously Justin makes the best french toast.Ever.Period. I have tried to recreate his, but there is something so delish about the way he makes it. He is so sweet and even cuts everybodys up into bite size squares on their plate. My Hubbys a Doll. We usually watch a family movie Sunday evenings and make "Theater Trays", complete with individual popcorn bowls with white cheddar seasoning, red vines for Justin and Kyler, and Peanut M&Ms for Jerron and I. We then choose our drink of choice (usually lemonade) and snuggle on the couch. We love it.
- Sunday evening with J. The kids always go to bed by 8 on Sundays to get ready for the week. This allows a nice alone night with the Hubs. We always lay in bed, watch celebrity apprentice and go over the week schedule together, and write our to-do lists. It sounds mundane, but I love that alone time to connect and get organized for the week together so we are on the same page.
|I had to post this photo of J. Even in Maui he made his Yummy French Toast.|