Voting

6.12.2011

Little bit of simple bliss...

Don't you love when you have a moment when you stumble across something so beautiful or happy that your stomach does a little flip flop and flutters?  That happened to me this week...numerous times.  I made a pledge to myself to "be in the moment" no matter whom I'm with and where I am.  In other words, if I'm playing a board game with my sweet boys I'm THERE with them.  I'm not thinking of the dishes, or what to make for dinner, or if I called my friend back about tomorrows play date.  I'm 100% engaged to them.  With this new pledge I have also gained beautiful moments I will always treasure.  Every morning the boys and I make smoothies to go along with our breakfasts and for daddy. He adores them.  On Wednesday when we finished the delish blended fruit Ky gave me a huge hug and said "thanks for taking care of us mom"... YEP! Butterflies of happiness in my tummy.  Or how about on Saturday as we were at the pool as a family and all four of us were on our towels in a row eating PB&J and licking the cold watermelon from our chins? YEP!  Happy flip flops once again.  Everyday is filled with pure excitement and bliss if we consciously engage ourselves in each and every moment and don't try and be 100 places in one second.  One of the best moments of the week? When our wedding song came on Pandora radio and my sweet hubby danced with me in the kitchen... It's these everyday simple moments of bliss that make everyday so sweet.

Maureau Morning Smoothie:
  • 4 large frozen Whole Strawberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup of  Greek yogurt (vanilla, plain, or strawberry)
  • handful of crushed ice
  • 8 ounces of fat free milk (or soy)
  • 4 ounces of Orange Juice
  • 1 TBS of Honey or agave nectar
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt (we like vanilla)
  • 1 large scoop of vanilla soy protein.
Mix in a blender until pureed then pour into cold glass cups and serve with straws.

2 comments: