Voting

8.09.2011

I'm Back! Tasteful Tuesday - "Smore's Bars"

Hello Ladies!  I am back from a much need MIA "stay-cation" with my Hubby and sweet little kiddos.  We enjoyed going to sun splash, getting school shopping done, having a pizza making night, making homemade cinnamon rolls (that was a huge mess, but so yummy and so fun), and enjoying basketball games in the backyard and family movie nights snuggled on the couch.  We went out to eat at some of our fav places and Loved every minute of our relaxed time home.  We even finally finished our two day monopoly game. Anyways, My boys are starting school tomorrow and I have so many mixed emotions.  I adore having my babes home all day.  I miss them terrible when they are away and my fav time of the school year is when it's pick up time.  On the positive note I'm excited for the boys to learn and play with friends and succeed.  I want to have something delish for them when they get home on the first day so this is what I'm making.  We fancy smores at our home and these look so divine.  I'll let you know how they turn out.  In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your week and will enjoy these gooey smore goodness!  XOXO

VIA

Smore Cookie Bars - The Sisters Cafe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (I used Hershey's)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
  3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
  4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

3 comments:

  1. Those are my absolute favorite! Missing you Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish!!! MMMMM. I am going to be so sad when Capt Crazy goes to all day school. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it right now. My mother went on the biggest kick of baking these a few months ago. They are just TO DIE FOR!!! I need to make these now. ;) Hope you guys are survivin' over there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete