Have a terrific Tuesday you lovely ladies!!!
- 2 eggplants (more if your cooking for more than 6)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp of Italian seasonings
- Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup shredded or less if you prefer)
- Spaghetti sauce (I like Bertolli because it's natural and I can buy it in bulk at Costco)
- Peel the skin of the eggplant, cut into 1 inch thick round slices.
- Sprinkle salt all over eggplant and let sit in a colander over a bowl for 15 minutes. (Eggplant retains a lot of water, and this helps the eggplant from turning mushy in the oven as the salt draws out the moisture). Pat dry with paper towels and assemble in a single layer on a tinfoil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until tender. (Basically this roasts the eggplant..DELISH!
- Mix garlic with beaten eggs and Italian seasoning. Dip eggplant in egg mixture, then dip in breadcrumbs coating thoroughly.
- Place a little marinara on the bottom of a sprayed baking dish. Place a layer of coated eggplant, then sauce, then cheese. Repeat layers until eggplant is used.
- Bake for 20 more minutes at a reduced temperature of 350 until heated through and cheese is melted and divine.