Voting

7.15.2011

Sublime Saturday - Sprinkles Cupcakes

A few days ago I posted that I was on a mission to try the sprinkles strawberry cupcake recipe at home.  My lovely husband brought home a dozen sprinkles cupcakes for my birthday and I simply could not get enough of the strawberry one.  So I found the original recipe from Candace Nelson (Founder of Sprinkles) and started my mission.  All I have to say is "Mission Accomplished"!  They were divine, and the frosting was sensational.  I just adore that the frosting gets it's perfect pink hue from fresh strawberries as opposed to artificial red food dye.  I also am thrilled with the cake's texture and density. It is a very heavy, yet moist cake that's not to airy and crumbly.  It is mildly sweet, so next to the very sweet  frosting it is perfect in balance. The taste is VERY comparable to the real thing.  I was so happy with my results that I called my sister over at swirlsofhappy and she made the cupcakes the same day and also experienced success in her kitchen.  My next trial will be to conquer Sprinkles red velvet and traditional vanilla.  Wish me luck.  Please go make these this weekend, it will make your loves very very happy, and will make your taste buds sing. 
Happy Saturday Babes!
XOXO - Brooke
**This recipie makes 12 cupcakes, however I ate so much batter I got 11 out of mine.


Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcakes Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 2 large egg whites, room temperature
  • Sprinkles' Strawberry Frosting

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
  2. Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree, add a few more strawberries if necessary or save any extra puree for frosting; set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.
  4. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
  5. With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
  6. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in tin before icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment