I LOVE Asian cuisine, and so does everyone in my little family of four. In fact my boys fav dining place is Pei Wei. This recipe is super easy, balanced, inexpensive and YUMMY! I literally make it once a week as it is the most requested dinner in our home. I wrote this recipe after making two styles of teriyaki chicken and tweaking both of them. The combining equalled this great recipe. Enjoy!
*** I always serve this over a large scoop of brown rice and sauteed broccoli, zucchini, and mushrooms.
Top with green onion (scallions) and chowmein noodles is desired.
Teriyaki Sesame Chicken:
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. of powdered ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs. of vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. of Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced into striped
- 1 package of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 crown of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces.
- Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. corn starch
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- Whisk all the above ingredients together until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized cubes. (I usually cut up 1 breast per person)
- Pour marinade into bag, and add chicken pieces. Coat all the chicken and marinade in fridge overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Put oven on a high broil. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on sheet, making sure no pieces overlap. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup of sesame seeds over chicken. Broil for 10 minutes, then turn over chicken pieces and broil an additional 5 minutes.
- While Chicken is broiling saute' Sliced zucchini, mushrooms, and Broccoli Pieces in 1 Tbs. butter, and 1 Tbs Peanut Oil. Before they are cooked through, add water to the saute' pan, put on the lid and steam until veggies are crisp tender.
- Next whisk the Brown sugar for the Teriyaki sauce with water, soy sauce and corn starch in a sauce pan. whisk continuously until mixture is a thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the Rice and Chicken in bowls.